Trees Are Our Specialty!
There are trees that will require pruning to keep them healthy, groomed and in tip top shape, and there are those trees that require removal. Even though our focus is on tree preservation, there are many reasons when their removal is necessary. Virgilio’s Landscaping has the license, equipment and experienced personnel to tackle all types of tree pruning & removal.
Trees & Shrubs. No Problem.
We’ve Got You Covered!
OUR CHAINSAWS & GRINDERS ARE READY!
- Keeping trees pruned provides less wind resistance = less storm damage
- Reduction or elimination of deadwood = greater safety, less mess
- Directed growth to where it is best suited = Healthier more efficient plant
- Create better air circulation and drying = less rotting of wood work and mold build up on structures
Foundation shrubs and other ornamental plants require annual shaping and pruning to provide your home with that curb appeal that is so important. Some the other reasons to prune on a regular basis are:
- Size reduction = Longer life to landscape planting
- Direct growth to where it is best suited = Healthier more efficient plant
- Create better circulation and drying = less rotting of wood work and mold build up on your siding
- Clear growth from obscuring windows = open views from and to your home
- Keep plants full to screen unwanted views
- Dead and dying trees pose a serious threat and should be removed before they fall
- Hazard trees (storm damaged etc.) even if they are not dead often require removal to be safe
- Trees dominating preferred plants are removed to allow the survival of something more important
- Trees in the way of landscape or home construction
After a tree is taken down there still is one more potential step to be taken. The trunk of the tree can only be taken down to a few inches above the existing soil grade. This leaves a stump that may be less than esthetically pleasing. In these cases you have two choices, stump grinding or stump excavation.
Stump Grinding & Excavation
We use a portable machine that whittles away at a stump. If you’re planning on planting a tree in the exact location where the tree was removed, we recommend excavating (digging out) out the entire stump.
The Virgilio team cares about its customers and delivering beautiful results.